Many organisations, including the Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust and Alzheimer’s Society, are trying to improve the quality of service they offer to people with dementia.
It’s vital that the opinions of people living with a diagnosis are heard by those who make decisions. This group aims to help raise the standards of services across Kent.
Through the network we aim to:
Improve attitudes to dementia by
- Helping create dementia-friendly communities
- Raising public awareness
- Reducing negative stereotypes of dementia
Increase our network’s influence by
- Linking with other Dementia Networks nationally
Improve the NHS by
- Assisting with staff training and interviews
- Evaluating Memory Services
- Commenting on plans for future service developments