On 10th November 2015, DEEP held a celebration event to mark the end of this phase of DEEP.
Representatives of 14 groups attended, along with Steve and Nada from Innovations in Dementia, and Toby and James from Mental Health Foundation.
What was the day for?
- To celebrate three years of DEEP. DEEP has grown from 12 groups to about 60
- To give people a chance to find out about other groups.
- To think about the future of DEEP
- To think a bit about campaigning.
Groups who attended were: Educate (Stockport), Surf (Liverpool), Redditch and Bromsgrove Friends Together, East Kent Forget Me Nots, Oldham Springboard, Like Minds in Oxfordshire, Bradford FIT, York Minds and Voices, Open Doors (Salford), Kent SUNshiners, Oxfordshire Empowerment Group, Alzheimer’s Society and Irish Dementia Working Group.
We talked about
- Increasing the influence of DEEP
- Supporting new groups
- Networking groups together
- Growing the network
- Funding for groups, and
Download the full notes from the meeting (5 page PDF file) – DEEP Celebration Event_reportforparticipants